Sales Associate Program
We have an open recruiting cycle for this Associate program.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. To learn more about Umati Capital, check out: www.umaticapital.com and follow us on Twitter (@umaticapital) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/umati-capital).
Our Core Values
We seek out talent that embody these values and those that can survive and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial meritocracy with humility and curiosity.
Sales Associate Program Overview
- Role: Associate
- Experience: 0 – 36 months of relevant sales & marketing experience
- Title: Sales Associate
- Company: Umati Capital (Kenya) Limited
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Reports to: Head of Sales & Marketing
- The sales associate is initially responsible for identifying sales opportunities for Umati Capital’s sales organisation. This position lays the foundation for a successful business-to-business sales career. There is a path for career growth within Umati Capital for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work toward that goal. The sales associate program is estimated to last approximately 3-6 months, with successful candidates transitioning into a full time role after 3-6 months.
Rotation 1: Sales Lead Researcher
- Learn Umati Capital’s products and messaging
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, scripts, Google office suite and other Umati technology tools
- Consistently meet goals for sales research
- Qualify inbound prospect clients
- Provide execution support required throughout the sales organization
Rotation 2: Junior Sales Development Representative
- Qualify outbound prospect clients
- Learn how to call on outbound prospect clients
- Consistently meet goals for initial meeting set up
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of inbound and outbound sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration to promotion
Rotation 3: Junior Sales Associate
- Pitch and convert leads into deals
- Consistently meet goals around lead conversion
- Learn how to pitch and manage the Umati Capital deal process
- Gain experience managing a team of lead researchers and sales development representatives
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration to promotion or transfer within other parts of the company
- KES 20,000 monthly stipend
- Generous performance-linked bonus
Who We Look For
- We are looking for individuals looking to join a fast-growing technology-enabled financial services firm. The ideal candidate is comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push them to be better. We are looking for the following traits:
- Multi-lingual (fluent in English & Kiswahili)
- Comfortable with basic technology tools
- Excellent research skills
- Interested in a long term career in sales and marketing
- Must own a laptop
- Our process is intensive and based fully on merit. We only want the best and the brightest who are motivated to excel in our fast-growing enterprise. The recruiting process is extremely selective.
- We will communicate the status of your application by email and we typically respond in about 1 business day at the most. Make sure that you check your email frequently.
- No CVs, resumes, or similar documents are reviewed at this time. Please do not send until requested.
- We will only contact qualified candidates for each round.
First Round: Online Aptitude Test and Short Answers
- Apply now by starting the test virtually below. Previous applicants have taken an average of two hours to complete the test.
Second Round: Online Sales Assessment: Sales Mindset, Work Sample & Personality Inventory
- Umati Capital will select the top candidates from the first round assessment and invite them to complete a 3 part online assessment.
Third Round: Virtual Assignment: Lead research & phone pitch
- Umati Capital will select the top tier candidates from the second round assessment and invite them to complete a remote assignment testing lead research skills & phone pitching
Fourth Round: In-Person Interview: In person pitch & cultural fit interview
- Finalists are selected for an in-person interview at Umati Capital’s offices in Westlands.