We have an open recruiting cycle for this Associate program.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. To learn more about Umati Capital, check out: www.umaticapital.com and follow us on Twitter (@umaticapital) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/umati-capital).
Our Core Values
- Take initiative
- Challenge status quo to create solutions
- Respect for yourself and others
We seek out talent that embody these values and those that can survive and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial meritocracy with humility and curiosity.
Apply now by clicking here!
Sales Associate Program
- Role: Associate
- Experience: 0 – 36 months of relevant sales & marketing experience
- Title: Sales Associate
- Company: Umati Capital (Kenya) Limited
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Reports to: Head of Sales & Marketing
- Umati Capital is a startup technology-enabled financial services provider seeking to revolutionise access to finance within the supply chains of small and growing businesses. Initially focused on agriculture, we aim to achieve this through the provision of working capital to small businesses that purchase raw inputs from primary agricultural providers, process and sell those inputs to downstream buyers including the largest retail chains in East Africa. Currently operating in Kenya, we intend to scale out our model across Africa to reach the vast majority of small & growing businesses that are underserved by existing financial services providers.
- The sales associate is initially responsible for identifying sales opportunities for Umati Capital’s sales organisation. This position lays the foundation for a successful business-to-business sales career. There is a path for career growth within Umati Capital for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work toward that goal. The sales associate program is estimated to last approximately 6-12 months, with successful candidates transitioning into a full time role after 9-12 months.
Rotation 1: Sales Lead Researcher
- Learn Umati Capital’s products and messaging
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, scripts, Google office suite and other Umati technology tools
- Consistently meet goals for sales research
- Qualify inbound prospect clients
- Provide execution support required throughout the sales organization
Rotation 2: Junior Sales Development Representative
- Qualify outbound prospect clients
- Learn how to call on outbound prospect clients
- Consistently meet goals for initial meeting set up
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of inbound and outbound sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration to promotion
Rotation 3: Junior Sales Associate
- Pitch and convert leads into deals
- Consistently meet goals around lead conversion
- Learn how to pitch and manage the Umati Capital deal process
- Gain experience managing a team of lead researchers and sales development representatives
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration to promotion or transfer within other parts of the company
- Competitive monthly stipend
- Generous performance-linked bonus
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for individuals looking to join a fast-growing technology-enabled financial services firm. The ideal candidate is comfortable being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people that push them to be better. We are looking for the following traits:
- Multi-lingual (fluent in English & Kiswahili)
- Comfortable with basic technology tools
- Excellent research skills
- Interested in a long term career in sales and marketing
- Must own a laptop